Woman of a Certain Age

Saturday, January 14, 2006

On Becoming a Woman of a Certain Age

I've started this blog because as I reach the end of my 40s, I'm increasingly experiencing a disconnect between what I feel and what I see in the mirror. (Who IS that person? When did I become HER? What's happening to my SKIN, for God's sake?! I FEEL like a 25-year-old, but dear heaven: what's THAT in the mirror?!)

For example, while inside, I feel like this:



clearly this is not what I LOOK like anymore...


Instead, my body is increasingly looking like this:






I want a place to vent my frustrations (sometimes my terror), and to hear from other women who are experiencing a change in relation to their bodies. I want to acknowledge my fear and to find ways to move beyond it. I want to find a way to embrace this aging body, to find a new relationship to it.

More later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home